2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
ICA Cristo Rey, San Francisco
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for All Teaching Positions at ICA Cristo Rey:
- Clear commitment to the educational mission and philosophy of both ICA Cristo Rey and the Cristo Rey Network
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in English
- Willingness to adapt to an existing curriculum as well as contribute ideas to enhance the academic program
- Willingness to collaborate as a member of ICA's Professional Learning Community
- Able to provide I-9 documents proving eligibility to work in the United States and clear Department of Justice and FBI background checks based on a live scan of fingerprints
- Teaching credential and/or MA degree and experience in an independent school and/or Catholic school strongly preferred
- Recent relevant experience teaching the academic subject matter to high school students preferred
Salary depending on experience; medical, dental & vision benefits available.
All teaching positions have been filled for the 2017-2018 school year.
ICA Cristo Rey Principal
The Principal reports to the President of the school and serves on the school’s Leadership Team. The Principal is the chief academic officer and instructional leader of the school, overseeing the work of the entire teaching faculty as well as the counseling staff, front office support staff, and the Dominican Volunteers. The Principal, supported by an Assistant Principal for Curriculum and the Dean of Students, assures the orderly running of the school and directs the day-to-day operations of the school’s academic, religious, and extracurricular life. The Principal actively collaborates with the Directors of Corporate Work Study and Admissions and works closely with the Chief Financial Officer.
The Principal’s primary responsibilities are to:
- Recruit, select and retain faculty, administrators, instructional and extracurricular staff who are best fitted to the mission of the school
- Develop and maintain a school culture that is accepting of all students
- Oversee the formation efforts of the Dean of Students and the faculty/staff
- Conduct regular classroom observations to maintain a visible and active leadership role throughout the building as well as to provide coaching feedback to teachers
- Use a research based framework to coach teachers and staff, completing a yearly evaluation for each
- Ensure the implementation of a rigorous, college-ready curriculum
- Cultivate a solution-based culture that addresses student struggle as a predictable challenge to be proactively, creatively and collaboratively met
- Collaborate with an Academic Leadership Team to focus program improvement efforts and increase leadership capacity of Department Chairs
- Develop and execute an effective program of faculty professional development
- Oversee the process of academic reporting and recording
- Act as moderator of the Parent Guild Board and actively seek ways to involve parents in the ICA Cristo Rey community
- Communicate school news regularly to parents and other constituents
- Participate in the admissions process
- Coordinate the use of space and school facilities
- Oversee summer credit recovery
- Collaborate actively with other Cristo Rey principals and the national office
- Report regularly to the President, Leadership Team and the Board of Directors
- Assume other duties as assigned by the school President
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
Candidates should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Appropriate education including Master’s Degree
- Proven commitment and capacity to serve and connect with students and families in the ICA Cristo Rey demographic
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, lead and work collegially with faculty and staff
- Experience in supervising, coaching and evaluating teaching faculty and support staff
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and utilize data to effect school improvement
- Experience managing resources
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish is an advantage
- Practicing Catholic
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
The Principal of ICA Cristo Rey must be committed to Catholic education in an urban setting and must recognize all that being the school’s instructional leader entails. Managing relationships is key: the Principal must lead faculty and support staff in a culture of continuous improvement, must inspire students to take charge of their own learning and meet the school’s high expectations for them, and must engage parents in a community of mutual trust and respect. The Principal should lead faculty and staff in keeping current with professional reading and act as a resource for best practices. The focus of this job is to guide student achievement that prepares our young women for college graduation, and also to guide student personal and spiritual growth: we want students to be women of study, community, prayer and service. A successful Principal should have a leadership style that is open and goal oriented, motivating and engaging, and enthusiastic about possibility. High school leadership is demanding and the work is fast-paced. The ability to be cheerfully flexible and collegial is critical. Poise and patience is essential. A successful Principal will recognize the importance of teamwork and will be an effective delegator.
The Principal must be passionate about Catholic education, the mission of ICA Cristo Rey and the mission of the Cristo Rey Network. The Principal must uphold the teachings and values of the Catholic Church and serve as a model for students, families and faculty and staff. The Principal sets high standards and should set an example as a lifelong learner. The Principal should recognize that she or he is accountable for student achievement.
Priority will be given to applications received by November 30, 2017. The new principal will begin work on July 1, 2018. To apply, please send the following:
- Cover letter addressing:
- Your motivation in applying for the position
- Your experience working with students who live in poverty and how you believe this experience will help you in this position
- Your view of how a school leader shapes culture so that it is supportive of low income students
- Your approach and experience supervising faculty and staff
- Three References
- Optional: Transcripts and Professional Certificates
to: S. Diane Aruda, O.P.
3625 24th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Chief Administrative Financial Officer (Business Manager)
Department: Business Office
Reports to: Sister Diane Aruda, O.P., President
Job Status: Full-Time
Under the direction of the President, the Chief Administrative and Financial Officer supports the mission of the Academy through leadership of all aspects of the business and finance functions of ICA Cristo Rey, including all long-range financial planning, accuracy of the general ledger, monthly financial reconciliations, budget reports, accounts receivable and accounts payable. The CFO also analyzes the financial state of the school and makes recommendations to the President and the Board Finance Committee. The CFO also fulfills other duties in support of the Business Office, Facilities and Human Resource.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for all long-range financial planning.
- Responsible for providing the President, Board of Directors with analyses of the school’s fiscal standing and other pertinent information for making policy and operational decisions.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the President and Finance Committee that track revenue and expenses with a comparison to the approved budget and recommends expense adjustments to maintain a balance.
- Work with the President to provide the Financial Aid for families.
- Prepare quarterly Endowment investment portfolio performance and report to the Board Finance Committee.
- Manage employee benefits and retirement.
- Responsible for the annual Financial Audit preparing all final reconciliations, yearend journal entries, required schedules, financial statements and work with the auditors during the field work.
- Review for proper back up documentation and general ledger account recording for all cash disbursements and sign all checks.
- Manage and supervise the business office staff.
- Oversee all Human Resource functions, assuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations. Consult with the Human Resource officer at the Motherhouse of the Dominican Sisters when assistance is needed.
- Oversee and evaluate the work of any personnel with day to day responsibility for maintaining the facility.
- Identify opportunities and solutions that improve accounting processes.
- Attend and participate in meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Work with the Mission Advancement department to maintain accurate recording of donations.
- Represent ICA Cristo Rey at appropriate community events and in professional organizations, attends day, evening and weekend school events, functions, assemblies and meetings as directed by the President.
- Work collaboratively with the President, Principal, Director of the Corporate Work Study Program and the Director of Mission Advancement as a member of the Academy Leadership Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures, recordkeeping practices, MS Word, Excel, database management, email systems, general office machines and telephone systems, proper English usage, spelling and punctuation.
- Accuracy with detail work as well as project based work.
- Knowledge of Accounting procedures, best practices, terms and rules.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to expand knowledge base of accounting, auditing and payroll procedures.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with all members of the Academy community including students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with student, co-workers and to get along well with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to de-escalate difficult interactions with parents or other members of the Community.
- Demonstrate customer service skills (i.e. anticipate needs, meet deadlines, take initiative, solve problems).
- Ability to adjust schedule to ensure work is complete as required.
- Ability to use tact and discretion and maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Five years of experience in similar environment performing the duties and demonstrating a substantial level of the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
- Combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Believes in the Mission of ICA Cristo Rey and will work with the administration and the Board of Directors to ensure financial sustainability of the Academy.
To apply, please send the following:
- Cover letter
to: S. Diane Aruda, O.P.
3625 24th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110